This coming Saturday, April 26th, I will be presenting the 2014 edition of my annual “Linux Sucks” (and “Linux Does Not Suck”)… thing that I do.
As part of the event, I have asked some of my friends to record short video clips declaring “Linux Sucks” — which I could then edit all together as a sort of “Everyone thinks Linux sucks” (tongue in cheek) montage. Don’t we all want to see leaders of some of our favorite distro’s declaring how much Linux blows? Of course we do.
But, wouldn’t it be even more fun to open it up to everyone (not just Linux “big wigs”)? Agreed. Much more fun.
So, if you’d like to get in on the action, here’s the details:
Record two short (just a few seconds long) video clips (using your webcam or phone is fine):
One clip where you declare that “Linux Sucks”. (You can say any other disparaging things about Linux that you like — “I am so mad at Linus Tovalds right now”, “Linux… is just terrible”, etc. — so long as you start by saying “Linux Sucks” in whatever tone feels right for you.)
Then a second (optional) clip where you declare your love for Linux. You can say something simple like “Linux doesn’t suck”. Or you can say whatever else feels right for you.
Then send those video clips to email@example.com by the afternoon of this Thursday (April 24th). Download link or as an email attachment is fine.
That’s it. Takes like 7 seconds and ensures your Linux-based immortality. Also it’ll be awesome.
Let’s see… what else makes sense to tell you…
- By sending me the video clip you agree to let me do whatever I want with it. I’m just going to edit them together (and probably trim them up a bit)… but I feel like I should say that to cover my butt.
- Seriously. Thursday afternoon. That’s the deadline. If you send it to me after that you’ll be plum out of luck. I am going to be editing this together Thursday night. So no dilly dallying.
- These videos are, for the first time, being recorded properly. Tripod. Lapel mic. Like a big boy.
- The youtube versions tend to get viewed a few hundred thousand times… Looks like the 2012 version is just shy of half a million views. This 2014 one I expect to break that line. With gusto.
- Oh, if you work on any specific Open Source or Linux project, be sure to say what your title is in the email you send me. I’m going to label folks with little subtitles.
That’s about it. Now go. Right now. Record those two quick video clips and send them my way.