I'm going to cut right to the chase:
Linux Tycoon, the worlds premier "Linux Distribution Building Simulation Game" for Windows, MacOS X and (of course) Linux... is gaining online play.
That's right. In the coming days you'll be able to compete against other Linux Distros around the world, in real-time. Making Linux Tycoon the worlds first MMOLDBSG (Massively Multiplayer Online Linux Distro Building Simulation Game).
I'm sure there will be many questions and, over the next few days, I will do my best to answer them. To tide you over, here are a few nuggets of tasty info:
- There will be no subscription fee. You buy the game once and you're done paying. (If you buy now, during Beta, it's a bit cheaper and the updates are free.)
- Linux Tycoon will still be completely DRM free.
- You'll still be able to play Linux Tycoon in "Single Player" mode as well as the new "Online" mode.
- I will be releasing "Linux Tycoon Server" for free. You will be able to run your own "world", completely independent of the official online server, where you can customize the experience (including Package lists and gameplay settings).
- Online play will be rolled out with "Beta 3" which is set to debut in the coming days.
Oh. And I almost forgot...
Linux Tycoon is coming to Android and iOS. With full support for online play. [Android version will be made available for free to everyone who buys Linux Tycoon during Beta.]
You know. No big deal. Just the nerdiest MMO ever conceived, where you can play in the same world on Linux, MacOS X, Windows, Android and iOS. Or just play an off-line, single player game (which people are already enjoying the heck out of).
As a personal note: I want to thank everyone on the great big, world-wide intertubes for their support of Linux Tycoon. Your support of this game is making all of this possible.