As of some time later today, it will have been one week since I announced that all of my software (and comics) were now Open Source and funded, in large part, by donations.
So let’s take a moment to take stock of how the last week has gone.
Donations have been chugging along at a good, steady rate. As of this moment we’re at $821 total donated (plus some cents). [You can donate here if you'd like to pitch in.]
In other words donations are rolling in at a rate of roughly $117 (USD) per day. Or roughly $3,510 per month (give or take).
The Bad News: That means we’re running a bit behind the target goal of $5,000. (Why this number was chosen.)
The Good News: We’re really not running that far behind. The difference is small enough that we can make it up over the next several weeks (either via donations increasing a little bit, or other mechanisms).
The Even Better News: We’re hitting that level of funding with relatively little press coverage (outside of folks that happen to know who I am). And before we see the benefits of expanded user base and the distribution improvements that Open Source/Free software provides.
In other words… I’m pleased. My approach has room for improvement on a few fronts, but definitely pleased.
A lot of other cool things have happened over the last week. Here’s a quick round-up.
- The official release of App-Make-inator version 13.06.
- Lots and lots of code up on GitHub!
- A couple of Open Source Video Updates.
- We now have a G+ Community (which will soon be replacing the old forum).
- We’re working towards getting better packaging setup (through the Open Build Service) for more Linux Distros.
- Donations can now be made with BitCoins as well as Card or PayPal.
- The LunduNUX Linux Distro appears (currently in an early state).
- The LunDOS DOS Distro (yes, really).
It’s been a heck of a good week.